Bicycle Roots is a full-service bike shop set to open this spring in Brooklyn, NY. We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Lead Mechanic for our beautiful Bed-Stuy store! If you are knowledgeable, experienced, and you have customer service in your blood, we hope you will join our team.
Job responsibilities prior to store opening:
- Design and configuration of mechanic work stations
- Set up the workshop area
- Determine pricing for all services offered
- Write up bike build & tune up checklists for mechanics' reference
- Train junior mechanics
- Build stock bicycles
Job responsibilities once the store has opened:
- Carry out intensive bicycle repairs, builds, and upgrades
- Delegate non-intensive projects to junior mechanics
- Appraise bicycles for trade-in value
- Oversee and continually train junior mechanics
- Communicate with customers regarding work orders
- Maintain workshop and tools
- Order workshop supplies as necessary.
- Significant bicycle industry experience
- Expertise in all kinds of bicycles (road, mountain, commuter, cargo, vintage, etc.), as well as components and accessories
- Expertise in all forms of bicycle service (tune-ups, overhauls, custom builds, wheel builds, etc.)
- Leadership experience in a shop environment, including training junior mechanics
- Creative approaches to problem solving
- Proven commitment to customer service
- Detail-oriented work style
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong computer skills
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position. Bicycle Roots offers a competitive salary, paid time off, and industry discounts on all the bike gear you need.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to the address listed below this ad.
To learn more about Bicycle Roots, visit www.facebook.com/bicycleroots.
Thanks and happy job hunting.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org