We've just released a new version of the Ride the City iPhone app.
Here are the new features:
- For cities with bike share (including NYC next spring!), we have new bike station icons that show the number of available bikes and slots. If the station has more than 9 bikes available, the icon shows a "+" sign to let you know it's not running low.
- The locate button now updates your position continuously when toggled on.
- The route feedback button was moved from the map to the more menu because of reports of accidental toggling.
- Simplification of the layers popup. For bike share stations, you get to toggle between viewing either "available bikes" or "open slots/docks". After all, at any one time you're either looking to find a bike or trying to return one, so we figured you don't need to see both at the same time.
- New option to clear the map tile cache.
- Various bug fixes, stability improvements, and performance enhancements. Overall performance is faster and smoother.
Thanks to Kelly Shea (http://www.kellyshea.com) and James Spahr for their help with the design!